Dear Students, Parents, and Community Members,
As the summer break comes at an end, the staff and faculty are looking forward to another exciting and productive school year. Downeast School is committed to providing a high quality learning experience for all children and to have each child reach his/her academic potential. Together, we can move all students to higher achievement levels.
Some “Beginning of the Year” thoughts:
- Consistent attendance is a crucial component of academic success. For the 2017-2018 school year, let’s strive to reach our goal of 95% average daily attendance.
- Please drive safely! Students do not always look both ways before crossing streets.
- Please do not drop students off at school before 8:30 am. There is no adult supervision before 8:30 am.
- Plan to attend the Open House on August 30th (4:30-5:30 pm). We need to work together to ensure a successful and productive year for every child.
- Our guidance counselor, school nurse, and social worker are great resources to our school. Please contact them with concerns and/or questions.
- Students riding the bus home from school may be a little late on the first couple of days as we establish dismissal routines.
- Become involved in the PTO! This organization supports the school, staff, students, and community.
Let’s all have an awesome school year!
Mr. Mooers, Principal